Here I will collate all the diy projects I come a cross that intend to partake this year:
Have fun with furniture
Don’t consign old furniture to the dump – give it a new lease of life
• Remove any flacking paint by rubbing down wooden furniture with coarse sandpaper. Tackle rust on metal furniture with a wire brush.
• Wash the furniture thoroughly with soap and hot water to remove any dirt and grease. Rinse well and allow to dry.
• Spread newspaper down in a well ventilated area or outside.
• Apply paint, or if restoring plastic furniture use two or three coats of PlastiKote Outdoor Satin spray paint, £10.48 for 400ml – link – allowing 10-15 minutes between coats
• The furniture will be touch dry in 30-50 minutes and thoroughly dry in about two to three hours.
• Fine replacement deckchair fabric at Deckchair Stripes